The following conditions are currently mandatory. The District is triggering Stage 2 of its Drought Contingency Plan in response to North Harris County Regional Water Authority’s (the “Water Authority”) triggering of Stage 2 under the Water Authority’s Drought Contingency Plan. The District may terminate its drought response stages upon receipt of notice that the Water Authority has terminated its drought response stages.
The District requests that any customer receiving water from Harris County MUD 222:
- Repair detectible water leaks within 72 hours of discovery.
- Utilize water conservation measures such as displacement bags, low-flow shower heads and leak detection tablets. Additional water conservation tips can be found at irrygator.com;
- Limit all outdoor water usage, including, but not limited to, lawn and garden watering, car washing, and window washing, as follows:
- District residents and other users of water within the District with even-numbered addresses may use water outdoors on Tuesdays and Saturdays;
- District residents and other users of water within the District with odd-numbered addresses may use water outdoors on Wednesdays and Sundays.
- Retail customers responsible for watering common areas such as greenbelts, esplanades, and sports fields shall be limited to Mondays and Fridays.
- If no street address exists:
- Only District residents and other users of water within the District living on the north and west side of a street may use water outdoors on even-numbered days; and
- Only District residents and other users of water within the District on the south and east side of a street may use water outdoors on odd-numbered days.
- Outdoor water use shall be prohibited between the hours of 6:00 am and 9:00 pm.
These conditions are mandatory.